On Friday, April 9, the CS Department will hold a Research Day in the Tate Reception Hall from 12-3 pm.
The UGA Computer Science Department has an active and growing program of research, with roughly 120 graduate students, and faculty experts in areas including:
- Distributed information systems
- Scientific computing
- Artificial intelligence
- Evolutionary computing
- Human-computer interaction
- Parallel & distributed computing
- Virtual reality
- Real-time systems
- Vision & image Processing
Computer Science Research Day is designed to showcase the accomplishments and abilities of our thriving graduate program and takes the form of a poster competition among the graduate students. We invite the university community, potential graduate students, alumni, and current and potential industrial affiliates to:
- Meet our graduate students and view their research posters
- Cast votes for Best Posterand Best Demo
- Enjoy some refreshments
- Identify potential assistants for your research or other funded work
- Meet our faculty members; find collaborators
Poster & Demo competition
Prizes: (1st, 2nd, and 3rd for both poster and demo categories)
- First prize - $500 in travel funds for a student author to present a paper at a conference.
- Second prize - $250 in travel funds for a student author to present a paper at a conference.
- Third prize - $100 gift certificate at the University bookstore.
Note: travel funds to be used by June 1st, 2011.