The UGA Computer Science Department has an active and growing program of research, with roughly 120 graduate students, and faculty experts in areas including:
- Distributed information systems
- Scientific computing
- Artificial intelligence
- Evolutionary computing
- Human-computer interaction
- Parallel & distributed computing
- Virtual reality
- Real-time systems
- Vision & image Processing
Computer Science Research Day is designed to showcase the accomplishments and abilities of our thriving graduate program and takes the form of a poster competition among the graduate students. We invite the university community, potential graduate students, alumni, and current and potential industrial affiliates to:
- Meet our graduate students and view their research posters
- Cast votes for Best Poster
- Enjoy some refreshments
- Identify potential assistants for your research or other funded work
- Cast votes for a new Computer Science Department Logo
- Meet our faculty members; find collaborators
Poster Competition Winners
- 1st place: Tomasz Oliwa, "Music Composition with Artificial Intelligence"
- 2nd place: B. J. Wimpey, "Location Recognition Using Multilayered Fingerprints"
- 3rd place (tie):
- Anousha Mesbah, "Simultaneous Localization and Mapping in Robotics"
- John Harney, "Adapting Hierarchical Web Service Compositions Using the Value of Changed Information"
Logo Competition Winner
- Amir Asiaee
You can find photos of the event here.